Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Spring 2013 Color and Trend

Though we are still in the midst of 2013's winter, it is now the time to look ahead to spring and what goodies await. The first question is what colors will we be seeing on the racks of our fav stores? Pantone's Spring 2013 color report shows us moving into beautiful shades of blue from Monaco to Dusk. These are intermingled with greens and teals like Emerald, and one of my favorite color names ever: Tender Shoots. Of course every spring color story needs bright pops of color which are present here with Nectarine, Poppy Red and Lemon Zest.



Along with spring's colors which I, personally, love, we always want a sneak peek at the styles and fabrics in store. If you haven't been keeping a close eye on the runway, a wonderful site to visit is sydnestyle.com. I've popped on over and snagged a few of my favorite runway trends for this spring. 


Spots are brought to us, mostly in black and white but also with a dark blue by desighers (in order from left to right) Jason Wu, Jenny Packham, Diane von Furstenberg and Reem Acra. I've listed my top 3 picks in ascending order so this is the bottom of  my top 3 but still very much one of my favorites, Especially the Jason Wu. I'm loving this season's flowing fabrics and transparency. 


John Patrick, Alice + Olivia, Yigal Azrouƫl and Tory Burch brought the Eyelet. I've always thought of Eyelet as a sweet, romantic fabric and I adore the play with color, here we are seeing the Linen, Emerald, Lemon Zest and a pop of Poppy Red that Pantone promised. My favorites of the group are the green and yellow, they are soft but funky with a hint of edge.


Finally, my absolute favorite this spring, from Lela Rose, Tadashi Shoji, Jill Stuart and Oscar de la Renta, the forever classic, forever gorgeous, Lace. Every one of these is adorable but I have to say I favor the two on the left. They are so romantic and bold. The transparency again is just stunning. Hope you love this first edition of Thick and Trendy, now that I've established the core colors and trends for this season, look forward to much more from accessory trends, shoes, all the way to perfectly put together outfits picked especially for the curvy girl. 

~Noir


No comments:

Post a Comment